12-4. CARGO GATE RACK MAINTENANCE
THIS TASK COVERS:
Parking brake set (TM 9-2320-260-10),
Cargo gate rack removed (TM 9-2320-260-10).
All cargo gate racks are maintained basically the same way for
M813 and M813A1 cargo trucks. This procedure covers the cargo
gate rack for M813 cargo trucks.
1. Remove twelve nuts (1), screws (6), and two channels (7) from six cargo rack slats (2).
2. Remove two nuts (3), screws (5), and hinge (4) from cargo rack slat (2).
1. Inspect channels (7) and hinge (4) for cracks, bends, and excessive rust. Replace channels (7) and
hinge (4) if damaged.
2. Inspect cargo rack slats (2) for splinters, warp, and excessive rotting. Replace cargo rack
slats (2) if damaged.
Ensure slat with hinge holes is installed on bottom.
1. Install hinge (4) on cargo rack slat (2) with two screws (5) and nuts (3).
2. Install two channels (7) on six cargo rack slats (2) with twelve screws (6) and nuts (1).