19-3. AIR/HYDRAULIC POWER UNIT AND BRACKET REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
c. Air/Hydraulic Power Unit Cleaning/Inspection.
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do
not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100 F (38 C) and for Type II is 130 F (50
C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry
cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical
attention. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts and filter thoroughly with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(2) Inspect all parts for visible cracks or damage.
(3) Inspect filter for clogged or punctured screen.
d. Air/Hydraulic Power Unit Assembly.
Use care when installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under tension and can
to comply may result in injury to
(1) Install performed packing (1) and retainer (2) in cylinder
(3) with retaining ring (4).
(2) Position cylinder (3) and washer (5) in pump (6).
(3) Tighten cylinder (3) to 90-100 lb-ft (122-136 Nm).
(4) Position preformed packing (7) on pump (6).