D - Daily
S - 150 Hours,
OC - On Condition
For Arctic Operation Refer to FM 9-207
When using On Condition for engine oil, the
1. ENGINE. Daily, after the mission, check oil for
engine oil filter should be changed at hard time
level between F and L marks on gauge rod. Add oil
(OE/HDO) as required to bring level between F and L
marks on gauge rod.
3. ENGINE OIL FILTER. On Condition during AOAP
oil change, filter is to be replaced each time an engine
oil change is indicated by AOAP Laboratory. When
DO NOT overfill.
AOAP Laboratory is not available, change engine oil
filter during engine oil hard time intervals every 150
2. Every 25 hours of operation or 30 days (whichever
hours, 1,500 miles, or semi-annually. See TM 9-
comes first), obtain a sample of engine oil. Send this
2350-247-20 for engine oil filter removal and installa-
sample to the nearest AOAP Laboratory. To obtain oil
samples from AOAP valves:
4. When or if AOAP Laboratory support is unavail-
(1) Unlatch and raise grille behind cab on left side
able, drain and refill crankcase and replace engine oil
filter every 150 hours, 1,500 miles, or semi-annually.
(2) Take oil sample of engine oil, using procedures
Drain only when hot after operation.
given in TB 43-0106.
5. If engine has been filled with (PE) oil (preserva-
tive engine oil) leave this oil in engine until first
Do not access AOAP valves from the power plant
scheduled oil change. Maintain operating oil level by
rear access panel opening as serious injury could
adding applicable grade of oil (OE/HDO).
Card 6 of 40