+5F to +120F +40F to -60F
AF - After
OR OEA (MIL-L-46167)
OC - On Condition
For Arctic Operation Refer to FM 9-207
1. ENGINE OIL FILL. OE/HDO 15/40 MUST NOT be
5. HARD TIME INTERVAL. If AOAP Laboratory sup-
port is not available, then every 1,500 miles, or annu-
ally, drain oil and change filter. Hard time interval may
2. A complete oil and filter change is required when
be shortened if you are operating the equipment under
converting to a different grade of oil in accordance with
Temperature Key Chart.
6. ENGINE OIL FILTER. See TM 9-2350-247-20 for
engine oil filter removal/installation instructions.
Engine can be damaged if engine is filled above
FULL mark. Do not fill engine above FULL mark.
7. ENGINE OIL DRAIN. See TM 9-2350-247-20 for
3. ENGINE OIL LEVEL. After operation, check for oil
level between F and L marks on gauge rod. Add oil as
Drain oil only when hot after engine operation.
necessary. Oil level should not be above F (full) mark.
Allow oil to drain thoroughly.
obtain a sample of engine oil. Samples should be taken
8. PRESERVATION OIL. If engine has preservation
as near the prescribed interval as possible. If sampling
engine oil Ieave this oil in engine until first scheduled oil
at the prescribed interval is not possible, a 10 percent
change. Maintain operating oil level by adding required
variance is permissible.
quantity of same grade oil.
Card 4 of 40