17-18. M1089 30K WINCH CABLE REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Step (1) requires the aid of two
(1) Operate 30K winch and fully extend 30K winch cable (TM
Remote control must be used to operate
30K winch while breaking in cables.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
Step (2) requires a vehicle M1085 or
equivalent to provide proper weight and
damage to equipment.
(2) Connect 30K winch cable (1) to vehicle (2).
New 30K winch cables require 30K winch to
be operated at low speed and be attached to
another vehicle. Failure to comply may
result in damage to equipment.
Do not attempt pulls with less than five
wraps of cable on first layer. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
(3) Operate 30K winch and pull vehicle (2) (TM 9-2320-
366-10-2). The vehicle being winched applies and
maintains brakes to create drag resistance so that
cable is a minimum of 3 ft (0.915 m) from the
ground under tension.
(4) Perform steps (1) through (3) four times.
(5) Disconnect 30K winch cable (1) from vehicle (2).