This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Tools and Special Tools
MHC erected over tool box (TM 9-2320-366-10-2).
Hoist cable fully payed out (TM 9-2320-366-10-2).
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
Cable can become frayed or contain broken
wires. Wear heavy leather-palmed gloves
when handling cable. Frayed or broken
wires can injure hands. Failure to comply
may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Drive cable wedge (1) and cable (2) out of sleeve (3).
(2) Pull cable (2) from sleeve (3).
(3) Remove cable (2) from drum (4).
(1) Route cable (1) over and around drum (2).
(2) Insert cable (1) through slot (3) in side of drum (2).
(3) Route cable (1) up through sleeve (4) and back down
into sleeve, making a loop.