The dead end of the cable should extend
from the socket for a distance of 6 to 9 times
the cable diameter.
(4) Position cable (2) and wedge (3) in wedge socket
(5) Drive wedge (3) and cable loop up into wedge
The U-bolt part of the clamp should bear
against the dead end of the cable and
the saddle of the clamp should be
against the short extra piece.
The dead end of the cable should never
be clamped to the live end.
(6) Install extra cable piece to dead end of cable as
close to the wedge (3) as possible with two clamps,
brackets, and nuts.
(7) Install hook block (4) on the wedge socket (1) with
washer (5), screw (6), washer (7), and nut (8).
(8) Install cotter pin (9) in nut (8).