CARGO BED COVER (CBC), TYPE IV, 5 T CARGO TRUCK, MTV, AND MTV TRAILER
MAINTENANCE ALLOCATION CHART (MAC)
e. Mark. To restore obliterated identification.
4. Adjust. To maintain or regulate, within prescribed limits, by bringing into proper position, or by
setting the operating characteristics to specified parameters.
5. Align. To adjust specified variable elements of an item to bring about optimum or desired
6. Calibrate. To determine and cause corrections to be made or to be adjusted on instruments of test,
measuring, and diagnostic equipment used in precision measurement. Consists of comparisons of
two instruments, one of which is a certified standard of known accuracy, to detect and adjust any
discrepancy in the accuracy of the instrument being compared.
7. Remove/install. To remove and install the same item when required to perform service or other
maintenance functions. Install may be the act of emplacing, seating, or fixing into position a spare,
repair part, or module (component or assembly) in a manner to allow the proper functioning of an
equipment or system.
8. Paint. To prepare and spray color coats of paint so that the ammunition can be identified and
protected. The color indicating primary use is applied, preferably, to the entire exterior surface as
the background color of the item. Other markings are to be repainted as original so as to retain
9. Replace. To remove an unserviceable item and install a serviceable counterpart in its place.
"Replace" is authorized by the MAC and assigned maintenance level is shown as the third position
code of the Source, Maintenance and Recoverability (SMR) code.
10. Repair. The application of maintenance services, including fault location/troubleshooting,
removal/installation, disassembly/assembly procedures and maintenance actions to identify
troubles and restore serviceability to an item by correcting specific damage, fault, malfunction, or
failure in a part, subassembly, module (component or assembly), end item, or system.
The following definitions are applicable to the "repair" maintenance function: Services.
Inspect, test, service, adjust, align, calibrate, and/or replace.
Fault location/troubleshooting. The process of investigating and detecting the cause of
equipment malfunctioning; the act of isolating a fault within a system or Unit Under Test
Disassembly/assembly. The step by step breakdown (taking apart) of a spare/functional
group coded item to the level of its least component, that is assigned an SMR code for the
level of maintenance under consideration (i.e. identified as maintenance significant).
Actions. Welding, grinding, riveting, straightening, facing, machining, and/or resurfacing.