2. PREPARATION OF DA FORM 2402
Use of DA Form 2402. The DA Form 2402 must be filled out and attached to any
and all defective part(s) removed from the vehicle. TM 38-750 governs the preparation of DA
Form 2402. Refer to Figure 2 for an example of the completed DA Form 2402.
Completing DA Form 2402. Fill out form as follows:
(1) Block 1. Enter the Support Agency where the part is to be exchanged.
(2) Block 2. Enter the Julian date the item was prepared for exchange.
(3) Block 3. Enter the unit or organization originating the exchange.
(4) Block 4. Place an "X" in the block to identify an exchange or EIR exhibit. When
used for a warranty claim identification, place a "W" in the EIR block.
(5) Block 5. Enter the national stock number of the item.
(6) Block 6. Enter the noun nomenclature of the item to be exchanged; e.g.,
starter, carburetor, etc.
(7) Block 7. Enter the priority designator as determined from the urgency of need
and force activity designator.
(8) Block 8. When a priority designator of 01 through 08 is assigned in block 7, the
Commander or his designated representative will sign this block.
(9) Block 9. Enter the nomenclature of the end item from which the part was
(10) Block 10. Enter the model number of the end item; e.g., M 151 Al, if applicable.
(11) Block 11. Enter the serial number of the end item.
(12) Block 12. Enter a brief description of the failure of the Direct Exchange (DX)
(13) Blocks 13 and 14. When used as a receipt, the exchange facility will enter the
Julian date and signature in blocks 13 and 14, respectively, and return the top portion to the
customer at each level. At the level where the item is to be repaired, the Direct Exchange
Activity will prepare a Maintenance Request, DA Form 2407, for repair of the item. The
Priority Designator (PD) will be the highest authorized for use by the customer unit.
(14) Block 15. Identify a Not Mission Capable for Supply (NMCS) condition by
entering the word "yes" in the NMCS block. Each successive category of maintenance will
enter a "yes" if repair or exchange cannot be accomplished.