(33) Block 20, column m. Multiply-the value of block 20, column 1 times the current
labor rate and enter the product in block 20, column m.
(34) Block 20, column n. Self-explanatory.
(35) Block 23. Enter signature of the individual authorized to submit DA Form
(36) Block 24 -28. Leave blank.
(37) Utilizing the available blank columns in bock 20, enter the following
(a) Enter the NSN of the defective component, part or assembly.
(b) Enter nomenclature of the defective component, part or assembly.
(c) Enter the date of failure.
(d) Enter the complete telephone number (AUTOVON/commercial with area code)
of the originator. State in clear terms all factors which contributed to the failureo Include
type of operation, terrain and climatic conditions. Clearly state an opinion as to cause of
failure. If additional space is needed, use a continuation sheet, DA Form 2407-l. Sketches and
photographs should reattached when needed to fully explain the conditon, equipment failure, or
other basis for warranty submission. Include manufacturers name and contract/order number if
available. In addition, include date the part failed; the contract number and date warranty
period began; USA registration number of the end item, if applicable; complete accounting
classification for unit to be credited for cost of labor expended; the MIL-STRIP document
number and supplementary address of the unit which is to receive disposition instructions and
notice of favorable claim actions.