TB 9-2300-295-1 5/21
d. Completing DA Form 2407. TM 38-750 governs the preparation of DA Form 2407. The
following information will assist you in filling out the form for the purpose of claims under the
M939 Series vehicle warranty for the enginetransmission. Refer to Figure 1 for an example of
completed DA Form 2407.
(1) Heading. Enter an''x'' in the space marked Warranty".
(2) Enter the W/EDSC if the primary system is Material Condition Status
(3) Enter appropriate priority designator code. The unit Commander or Chief will
authenticate, by a signature, a priority or 01 through 08. A signature is not required if the
priority is taken from an already signed DA Form 2407 or DA Form 2402.
(4) Space is provided for entering the page number and total pages when entries in
Section II are complete.
(5) Block 1a. Enter the name of the organization submitting the report.
(6) Block lb. Enter the location of the organization initiating the request; units
overseas enter APO only.
(7) Block lc. Enter the unit identification code of the unit identified in block la.
(8) Block 2.
(a) For commercial design vehicles, enter the USA registration number.
(c) For all other items enter the serial number, if applicable; for floating craft,
enter the Department of the Army hull number. For multiple serial number application, leave
(d) When preparing this form for multiple items or components; i.e., clothing,
rifles, starters, carburetors, and protective masks, leave blank.
(9) Block 3. Enter the noun abbreviation of equipment for which the form was
(10) Block 4. Leave blank.
(11) Block 5. Enter the item model number.
(12) Block 6. Enter the National Stink Number (NSN)of equipment listed in block
3. When completing this form for multiple items having multiple NSN, leave blank.
(13) Block 7. Enter the name of the supporting activity.
Block 7a. Enter the symbol of the maintenance category performing the
Direct Support Maintenance
General Support Maintenance
Special Repair Activity