(8) Owner irresponsible for the costs of all parts required for the repair except for:
l The defective cylinder block, crankshaft or connecting rod, and
l Any connecting rod, crankshaft or cylinder block progressively damaged by a failure of the
(9) Owner irresponsible for the cost of lubricating oil, antifreeze, filter elements,
belts, hoses and other maintenance items replaced during the repair. Owner is responsible for
the operation and maintenance of the engine.
(10) Prior to the expiration of the applicable warranty, Owner must give notice of
any warrantable failure to a Cummins distributor or authorized dealer or other repair location
approved by Cummins and deliver the engine to such facility for repair.
(11) Before a claim for excessive oil consumption will reconsidered, Owner-must
submit adequate documentation to show that consumption exceeds Cummins published
standards. Low power output claims relating to fuel pump calibration will not reconsidered
after 50,000 Miles (80,000 kilometers) or 1800 hours or 180 days, whichever occurs first.
(12) Cummins is not responsible for failures resulting from improper repair or the
use of parts not approved by Cummins.
(13) Emission Warranty. Cummins warrants to the ultimate purchaser and each
subsequent purchaser that the engine is designed, built and equipped so as to conform at the
time of sale by Cummins with all U.S. Federal emmission regulations applicable at the time of
manufacture and that it is free from defects in material and workmanship which would cause it
not to meet these regulations within the period of five years or 100,000 miles (160,000
kilometers) or 3,000 hours of operation, whichever occurs first, as measured from the date of
delivery of the engine to the ultimate purchaser. Failures, other than those resulting from
defects in materials or workmanship, which arise solely as a result of owner abuse and/or lack
of proper maintenance are not covered by this warranty.
Cum reins is not responsible for failures resulting from Owner or operator abuse or neglect.
CUMMINS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
b. Engine Warranty (OCONUS)
(1) This warranty applies to engines marketed by Cummins that are used anywhere
in the free world other than in the United States and Canada.
(2) The Base Engine Warranty covers any failures of the engine which result, under
normal use and service, from defects in workmanship or material. This coverage extends for
one year or 100,000 miles (160,000 kilometers) or 3,600 hours of operation, from actual in
service date by using unit but will not exceed 18 months from date of acceptance.
(3) During the Base Engine Warrenty. Cummins will Pay for all parts and labor
needed to repair the warrantable failure. All labor costs will be paid in accordance with
Cummins published Standard Repair Operation guidelines. Only new Genuine Cummins or
Cum reins approved rebuilt parts and assemblies will be used in making the repair. Cummins will
pay for the lubricating oil, antifreeze, filter elements, belts, hoses and other maintenance items
that are not reusable due to the warrantable failure. Cum reins will pay reasonable labor costs
for engine removal and reinstallation when necessary to make the warranty repair.