b. No repairs to the stand base, column, saddle, or pawl are authorized. Signs of repair will be
cause for immediate rejection and disposal. Any stand that appears to be damaged in any way,
is found to be worn, or operates abnormally SHALL BE REMOVED FROM SERVICE.
Maintenance Checks and
(1) Before You Operate. Always keep in mind the cautions and warnings. Perform your BEFORE
(2) While You Operate. Always keep in mind the cautions and warnings. Perform your DURING
(3) If Your Equipment Fails To Operate. If your equipment does not perform as required, refer to
section 8, Inspection, for instructions on inspection criteria and what to do with vehicle
support stands that fail inspections. Report any malfunctions or failures on DA Form 2404, or
refer to DA PAM 750-8.
b. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) - Explanation of Columns.
(1) Purpose of PMCS. Your PMCS list the inspections and care of your equipment required to
keep it in good operating condition. The PMCS Table lists those required checks and
services to be performed.
(2) Item Number Column. Checks and services are numbered in chronological order regardless
of interval. This column is used as a source of item number for the "TM Number" column on
DA Form 2404 in recording results of PMCS.
(3) Interval Column. This column tells you when and how often to do a certain check or service.
More than one interval may be placed in a column, which would mean you would do
that check or service at each of those intervals.
(4) Item to be Inspected Column. This column lists the common name of the item to be inspected
(such as "Base").
(5) Procedure Column. This column tells you how to do the required checks or services.
Carefully follow these instructions.
(6) Not Fully Mission Capable If Column. This column tells you when and why your equipment
cannot be used.
Vehicle stands MUST be inspected for damage, defects or excessive
corrosion prior to every use. The use of damaged, corroded, or
otherwise defective stands could result in failure of the stand, causing
severe injury or death to the user.