9. SPECIAL TOOLS; TOOL KITS; JIGS; TEST, MEASUREMENT, AND DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT (TMDE); AND
Hand tools necessary to apply MWO are contained in this tool kit:
Tool kit, general mechanic's
10. MODIFICATION PROCEDURES.
a. Vehicle Preparation.
(1) Disconnect battery ground cables (TM 9-2320-272-20-1).
(2) Remove tachometer pulse sender unit (TM 9-2320-272-20-1).
(3) Remove nut and screw from frame rail as shown in figure 1. Set nut and screw aside for disposition per
Perform steps (4) and (5) for vehicles equipped with dual fuel tanks.
(4) Disconnect four vent lines from strap assembly as shown in figure 2.
(5) Remove nut, screw, and strap assembly from frame rail as shown in figure 2. Set nut, screw, and strap
assembly aside for disposition per para. 8.
Discard fuel tank vent lines removed from strap assembly and double elbow.
(6) Remove two fuel tank vent lines and adapters from double elbow connected to strap assembly on inside
frame of rail, opposite air cleaner as shown in figure 3. Set adapters aside for disposition per para. 8.
(7) Remove two nuts, screws, and clamps from fuel return line and fuel supply line as shown in figure 4. Retain
nuts, screws, and clamps for installation.
Diesel fuel is flammable. Do not perform this procedure near open flame. Failure to
comply may cause injury to personnel.
(8) Disconnect fuel return line from return hose tee and elbow on front of engine as shown in figure 4.
b. Kit Preparation.
Apply 592-31 pipe sealant to male pipe threads during assembly and installation.
(1) Install two MS14315-2 bushings in 12301495 check valve as shown in figure 5.